BUTCHER – DECKERS BUTCHERY
Deckers Group are currently recruiting for an experienced Butcher to join the team based in Rochdale.
This is a genuine opportunity to join a long established, expanding commercial butchers
In this role you will work around 40 hours per week with early starts (around 5am), but early finishes and some Saturday working (and overtime when required) in our state-of-the-art facility in Castleton Rochdale.
You will have experience in commercial butchery, be able to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst maintaining quality control.
You will be a team player with a focus of getting the job done
Main Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for preparing meat including from carcass and other fresh produce to Decker’s specifications without supervision.
• Working on strict timeframes to ensure orders are fulfilled in time.
• Ensuring quality of all fresh produce is maintained to Decker’s high standards
• Carrying out daily equipment checks to ensure high level of maintenance, health and safety and food safety
You will come to us with:
• High level meat knowledge of all species and cuts.
• Must be able to work as a part of a flexible team, follow instruction and use own initiative.
• Experience of working to deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
• Knowledge of food health and safety, batch coding and traceability
In return we offer a highly competitive hourly rate, benefits including generous staff discounts in our wholesale and retail businesses and a truly supportive team environment.
Apply now for immediate consideration. Send your CV to email@example.com stating the role you are applying for.
As part of Deckers inclusive culture, we strongly encourage applications across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities.
Job applicant privacy notice (GDPR compliant)
The Company is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently.
The Data we require is only to assess your job application and will include information provided by you via your CV and / or application form.
If you are unsuccessful we will securely destroy your details immediately unless you have given us specific consent to retain for 3 months to match against future vacancies. Once 3 months has expired your application and all associated information will be securely destroyed.
If your application is speculative your details will be securely destroyed immediately unless you provide express permission to hold the information for 3 months.